08 April, 2010

Ella Fitzgerald & Cole Porter - Dream Dancing (1978) (eac-flac-cover)

Ella Fitzgerald & Cole Porter - Dream Dancing (1978)
jazz | 1cd | eac-flac-cue-log-cover | 320MB
OJC | rar +5% recovery
AMG
Originally released on Atlantic as Ella Loves Cole and then reissued on Pablo with two extra cuts from 1978, this set features the great Ella Fitzgerald (still in excellent form) backed by an orchestra arranged by Nelson Riddle performing an extensive set of Cole Porter songs. Fifteen years earlier Fitzgerald had had great success with her Cole Porter Songbook and this date, even with a few hokey arrangements, almost reaches the same level. Trumpeter Harry "Sweets" Edison and pianist Tommy Flanagan are among the supporting cast. Highlights include "I Get a Kick out of You," "I've Got You Under My Skin," "All of You," "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" and "Just One of Those Things."

Tracks
1. "Dream Dancing" – 4:02
2. "I've Got You Under My Skin" – 3:17
3. "I Concentrate on You" – 4:06
4. "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" – 2:33
5. "Love for Sale" – 4:36
6. "So Near and Yet So Far" – 2:21
7. "Down in the Depths (on the Ninetieth Floor)" – 3:40
8. "After You, Who?" – 3:14
9. "Just One of Those Things" – 3:53
10. "I Get a Kick Out of You" – 4:21
11. "All of You" – 2:18
12. "Anything Goes" – 2:51
13. "At Long Last Love" – 2:27
14. "C'est Magnifique" – 2:32
15. "Without Love" (lyrics by Ella Fitzgerald) – 2:46
All songs written by Cole Porter, except where indicated.

Personnel
* Ella Fitzgerald - Vocals
* Jackie Davis - Organ
* Louie Bellson - Drums
r c

1 comment:

hush said...

http://shhhadow.blogspot.com/2010/04/ef-cp78dd.html
p: lworld
-
log:
http://tinypaste.com/97963

Visitors

Website counter